Saturday, July 16, 2011

A day of so-so eats....

Middle of the month budget panic + lack of grocery shopping = lackluster eats today. I started the day with high expectations for some overnight oats. In the mix: 1/3 cup oats, 2/3 cup soymilk, 1/3 cup of homemade granola added in the AM in an almost-empty PB jar.



This was just okay. The oats were really soggy and did not really absorb the milk. Maybe I added too much? I usually make OO with a milk/yogurt combo, but we were out of yogurt. Lesson learned!

After walking 4 miles on the treadmill (and watching an ep of Rocco's Dinner Party--why did I not know about this show sooner??) and going to Body Pump, I was famished again! Enter so-so meal #2 of the day.



I heated up some leftover eggplant from last night and polished off the veggies we had remaining in our fridge (cuke & tomato) and drizzled them in italian dressing. Both were kind of meh. Soggy eggplant, and veggies that were past their prime. BUT my meal was redeemed by Gardein chicken tenders. These were delicious!! I bought them on a whim during my last whole foods trip, and I have a feeling they will become a staple. I dipped them in the last of the Mmmm sauce.

As a side note, I think the eight year old in me will always have a heart for fried chicken fingers. Back in the day, I ordered chicken fingers everytime I went out to dinner with my family (which was a lot--my mom worked a lot and didn't have a lot of time to whip up a meal). Chili's chicken crispers, anyone??



A winner today was a delicious juice! I am loving my new juicer. I juiced some celery, a beet, an apple, the remainder of our bag of baby carrots, some kale and pineapple.



They look much more appealing in liquid form, no?



I had dinner plans with some extended family members. I wore a dress from one of my favorite Dallas botiques, the Impeccable Pig.



We went to La Madeline, where the salad I ordered was, again, just so-so. Think drencked in dressing. Meh.

Thankfully, my nighttime snack looks promising.



Off to read through my curriculum for my new job!! Teacher training in t-minus 8 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment