Happy Monday friends!
Have I got a recipe for you. Last night the hubs and I got home from church and I could not wait to get in the kitchen and give this Cooking Light recipe for Chicken Parmesan burgers a shot.
1. Slice 2 3-oz ciabatta rolls and lay them face-up on a baking sheet. Broil for 3 minutes. After you take them out, spread a little minced garlic on them and set aside for future sandwich-building. Also, switch over from broil to bake at 375.
2. You'll need marinara sauce, thyme and rosemary (I used 1/4 tsp spices instead of fresh herbs), salt and pepper, and crushed red pepper.
3. Mix 1/3 cup marinara, 1/4 tsp each of thyme, rosemary and crushed red pepper, and 1/8 tsp each of salt and pepper into 1/2 pound of ground chicken.
4. Make 2 1/4-inch thick patties and heat on over-proof skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
5. Flip burgers. Bake at 375 for 8 minutes. Remove, put 2 Tbs mozzarella on each burger and bake 1 additional minute.
6. To assemble sandwich, put 2 basil leaves on each half of the roll. Then layer burger and 1 additional Tbs of marinara.